Optimization for search engines or SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is actually a set of techniques to improve the presence or visibility of a webpage in a search engine. In other words, it is a method of digital marketing that helps to attract more visitors. This involves the use of images, videos, profiles, and content in order to promote a link in the search results.
The concept of SEO began in mid-1990, when webmasters began to realize that the search engines websites cataloged by specific criteria. They realized that using certain keywords could bring a webpage on top of the search list.
There are certain pros and cons of SEO. Here is a list of some advantages of SEO:
- A good web optimization provides a durable positioning time.
- If a good position is achieved, the end result will be that the website will appear in prominent positions in most search engines
- You can build credibility. Numerous studies indicate that about 60-80% of people tend to click on organic results rather than sponsored or paid results.
- No need to pay for clicks that are made in our own links in search engines – no economic cost.
Some disadvantages of SEO are:
- The results are not immediate, requires much time and dedication; normally shown in 3 or 4 months.
- The results are not guaranteed.
Load of assignments stressing you out? Assignment Cafe is here to help.